1 pound large shrimp, shelled and de-veined
5 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 3 limes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Pink Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
6 ears corn, shucked
Two 14-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Skewer the shrimp onto metal skewers and place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic, a big pinch of pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste in a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and stir thoroughly to coat both sides of the shrimp. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the corn until slightly charred and grill marked, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool, and then cut the kernels off the cob.
- Grill the shrimp until grill marked and pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let cool, and then remove from the skewers and slice in half crosswise.
- Combine the corn kernels, beans, shrimp, cilantro and pink Himalayan salt to taste in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 2 limes, the remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic and freshly ground pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine. Let chill at least 30 minutes before serving.